Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Life!

So who ever said life would be easy? and if they did who are they and what kind of life do they have? yesterday was not a good day....when your day starts out bad i think it is a rule of thumb that it continues to go bad all day... i started work yesterday and i wasnt excited about it cuz my boys have loved having me home so much and actually much to my disbelief i have loved being home with them....what little joys! plus i was already a little discourage for how my weekend went i didnt get to do anything i wanted to do and the whole time i felt like i was making someone else feel bad....why cant there be more time when it comes to friends and family?
There was a talk in conference about trials and how they make you better...you know how one talk just jumps out and hits you...that was my talk for this conference. i know that without trials i wouldnt be who i am today or where i am today. i also know that i am definitely not the person God wants me to be cuz i sure seem to be having a lot of trials as of late! the phrase with Jesus picture over it comes to mind...."i never said it would be easy I only said it would be worth it." i know that if i make to heaven and get to be with my family and Christ and my Lord it will be worth it...so why do i sometimes feel like giving up or that it is too hard? i remember my first year at college one of the first relief society classes i went to was given on trials and how to handle them and in my little nieve mind i thought who has trials so big that they struggle so much with them..... i only bring this up to the point that i wish i was young again sometimes and nieve to the world and its bitterness...but then i would not know the sweetness of it.
just a thought

2 comments:

S to the 5th said...

Lindy you are awesome! I am so grateful to have you for a friend and your example has helped me out in more ways than you know. Just don't forget who you are and how special you are. And don't be so down on yourself. You will look back and laugh.

S to the 5th said...

or you can at least look over here and laugh... and maybe you won't feel so bad cus of the crazy that happens over here your life might seem a little more normal... haha